Search News & Video Archives
|Last Updated: Monday, November 05, 2012|
Other ReviewsPlymovent Philips HeartStart Monitor Emergency/Triage Lights PowerFlare Lucas 2 Chest Compression System Will-Burt Light Towers & Remote Controlled Cameras EmergiLink Powerheart AED G3 NETS Global Tracking Solutions Zimek Rapid Decontamination Tool iEvac Fire Escape Hood O2 Fur Life Cool Medics FireDos Inflatable Fire Safety House Zoll Pocket CPR Zoll AutoPulse Firefighter/Paramedic Review Red Rock Wildland Fire Systems Akron Brass ZT Zero Torque Nozzle Fire Ground Technologies Firefighter Training BullEx Fire Safety Trailer ImageTrend Emergency Data Systems Motorola RDX Series Portable Radios IntuBrite Hypervisualization System Thermo Gel Sensit Gold Combustible Gas Indicator Losberger Temporary Fire House Solution FIT-5 FirstWatch Early Warning System Zoll AutoPulse ESRI ArcGIS Mapping and Modeling System LenzSaver Headlight Restoration Process Stryker Power Pro Cot and Stair Pro Stair Chair Base-X Shelter Augmented Reality Training Unit
Will-Burt's line of Night Scan vertical telescoping mast towers, for lighting and camera use, provide excellent solutions for first responder applications that require high quality masts designed for accuracy and safety. Telescopic masts and other Will-Burt products are applied not only to fire/rescue, but also to law enforcement, military, broadcast and cellular industries.
"When we have these products on trucks, the main idea is to get light down, where it doesn't blind the traffic, or blind the operator," stated Dennis Van Daalwyk, Will-Burt consultant.
According to the Will-Burt Website, the Will-Burt Night Scan Vertical Telescoping Light Tower features include:
• Extended height options from 17 feet to 30 feet, which provide more lights at greater heights.
• Dual tilt remote control positioner which allows operator to direct light where it is needed. Lights can also be pointed in opposite directions.
• Full function remote control with hard-wired and wireless options that control all mast and light functions.
• Automatic deployment and stowing allowing operator to conduct other important actions at the rescue scene.
• Rugged light fixtures designed especially for emergency services that provide up to 9,000 watts of AC lighting.
• Look up safety light that illuminates the area above the light tower prior to extension, allows operator to see obstructions and power lines and helps keep operator and equipment safe.
Most fire and rescue trucks are equipped with the Night Scan light package, but not all vehicles have the luxury of remote control video access from high above, as provided by Will-Burt cameras, which are added to vertical telescoping masts.
Will Burt remote controls work 100 feet away from the vehicle and have been tested to work as far as 250 feet away; however, what the cameras can zoom in to is even more impressive. Dennis Van Daalwyk explained, "They can zoom the camera in to the barrel or spill, they can read the numbers on the barrel and tell what product has spilled and how much damage it has caused. They can then assess the damage."
Will-Burt Camera features include:
• Built-in 26x optical zoom lens which produces high quality, clear images.
• Built-in image stabilizer function that prevents blurred images.
• Pan capabilities including:
Angles: 0 to 360 degrees (endless)
Speed: More than 60 degrees per second
• Tilt capabilities including:
Angle: -45 to 90 degrees
Speed: more than 60 degrees per second
• Remote control for pan and tilt function which allow for maximum, full scene coverage.
• Aluminum body and resistant lens cover, Preset positions, and Digital Video Recording compatible for creation and storage of records and documentation.
• Video display monitors compatible with NTSC and PAL video formats.
The Will-Burt company recently donated a $10,000 Night Scan chief light tower to a local fire department that was hit hard by the current recession. For agencies interested in updating their equipment, Will-Burt's line of masts and accessories vary from a few thousand dollars to over $60,000, such as those used by military personnel.
Will-Burt products are available in many different shapes, forms and costs. Masts can extend from 15 to 72 feet and are either roof mounted, vertical mounted or portable.
For more information on Will-Burt products, please visit www.willburt.com.
(no feedback yet)
Fire & EMS Events
Links Email this page to a friend Bookmark this page Sign up for our free newsletter!
©2013 FDNNTV. All rights reserved.