Search News & Video Archives
|Last Updated: Monday, November 05, 2012|
Arrest Made in Intentionally Set Fire at Anne Arundel Medical Centerís Health Sciences Building
June 27, 2012Anne Arundel County Fire Investigators arrested and charged a17-year-old male from Annapolis Tuesday evening with arson. The arrest stemmed from aninvestigation into a June 23, 2012 incident at the Anne Arundel Medical Center's Health SciencesBuilding.
At that time, Anne Arundel County Firefighters responded to a reported Fire Alarmsounding at 2000 Medical Parkway. During their initial assessment, crews found a heavy odor ofsmoke in the area of the elevators. Further investigation revealed a small fire in an elevator.Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire and Fire/Explosive Investigators were summoned to thescene.
A cause and origin investigation was initiated by the investigators who determined the firewas intentionally set. Investigators had asked for the public's assistance in identifying a person ofinterest in this case. After distributing surveillance pictures of the person of interest, the individualwas positively identified.
After interviewing the person of interest, investigators arrested and issueda Juvenile Citation charging the individual with:
1st degree Arson
2nd degree Malicious Burning
Malicious Destruction of Property (<$500)
The Juvenile was released into the custody of his parents and a Department of Juvenile Serviceshearing has been scheduled for sometime in July.
Author:Anne Arundel Fire Department Press Release
(no feedback yet)
Catholics Called to Witness Create "Test of Fire" Video AZTF-1 Begins First Phase of Storm Deployment to East Coast for Hurricane Sandy Chimney Fire Causes $80k in Damages Live Lobster Group Produces Film About Arson in 1970's Boston Arson determined to be cause of Memphis house fire Aron Anderson joins NFPAís Fire Adapted Communities initiative San Bernardino County Residents Participate in the Worldís Largest Earthquake Drill San Diego Fire-Rescue Launches an Online View of Fire Dispatch OAK GROVE HOUSE FIRE NFPA Hosts Urban Fire Forum Clark County Fire Department Responds To Strip Mall Fire Cooking equipment remains top cause of home structure fires according to NFPA report
Fire & EMS Events
Links Email this page to a friend Bookmark this page Sign up for our free newsletter!
©2013 FDNNTV. All rights reserved.